Custom Action Set Actions are a powerful way to create Action Set Items for your users. Now they are even more powerful with the new %%userinput%% parameter.
Here’s an example of a JSON post with the new %%userinput%% parameter
When a user adds this Action Set Item to their Action Set, they can fill in the value (and it uses the prompt you created above)
Finally, when this Action Set gets run, the %%userinput%% parameter will be replaced with the value they have placed in the Action Set Item.
- Formatting (It’s important to get it perfect!)
- %%userinput(‘Your Prompt Here’)%%
- Single Quotes for the user prompt
- No HTML in the prompt
- You can only have (1) user input prompt
The following API changes will be live on your server once your current version is dated 8/9/2018 or later:
AddDeal – Ability to add custom field values when adding a deal via the API
StatsAppointmentDetail – Output now shows details for start end end times
UpdateFlag – New API Function to update flags. Also added new “color” parameter to GetFlags and AddFlag.
AddContactNote – Added a couple icon options when entering [[System]] notes.
– Added option to specify TeamMemberID to AddEmailTemplate
– Added ability to GetContacts to filter on Source/Category/Category2/Flag by “Name” of the library. Instead of entering the numeric id, enter the prefix “name:” followed by the name of your library item. So if your source was Facebook, you would enter name:Facebook in the SourceID field.
– Can now filter by DealID
– Can now filter by TeamMemberID
– Added counts of Current Contacts and Completed Contacts to the output
– New API Function (use same function to update an existing deal contact)
– New API Function
– New API Function
In this example, I’ll walk you through adding a contact to the system using the AllClients API from Zapier. This assumes you have some experience with Zapier, so I won’t go into all of the details of creating a Zap.
The example connects to a Google Sheet and adds a contact if any new rows are added to the spreadsheet.
After you’ve connected Zapier to your spreadsheet as the “Trigger/Source”, you’ll add an Action called Webhooks.
Then, select POST as the Create option
Then, fill in the following information. This example uses the “AddContact” endpoint, but it could be any AllClients API Function. Just make sure you read the documentation and include all required fields. Remember that you can use API Authentication (using the Account’s API Key), or use your master keys.
- Use your server’s base URL
- Payload type must be form
- All fields are in the Data section. We do not use Basic Auth or Headers
- You must add field called response_type and set it’s value to json. The default value in the API is XML, and Zapier does not read that data properly back in the response.
After saving and running a test, you should see some kind of success message back from the API.
Using a new option in AddContactNote, you can specify that a note is a “System Note”. These notes will not be bolded, will have a special icon, and not be editable by the user. Check out the documentation on the notes field in the AddContactNote API Documentation
We’ve got two new features in beta testing:
Custom ClientTouch Actions
Custom Action Set Actions
Each allows you, as the developer, to create configurable actions within each area of your White Label system.
Let us know if you have questions or feature requests in each area. We are looking forward to your feedback and enhancing these functions further to make them more powerful or you.
Use our Data Event Webhooks to notify your server when things happen across White Label Database.
Read more about Data Event Webhooks here.
NEW: API Function to retrieve Audio Messages, including the direct public link to the MP3 file.
UPDATE: Added the ability to retrieve contacts by a specific flag.
NEW: Retrieve appointment data within date ranges, with some related data. Intended for reporting data.
Would you like to make a Custom Contact Tab to your users? We’ve previously announced this ability. Now, here are the details on how to make it happen.
Custom Contact Tabs
New API Functions
You can now add and list a contact’s Special Events via the API
AddContactNote – Added ability to specify the team member that added the note. Previously defaulted to account owner
AddToDo – Added ability to identify the Contact via email address. Of course, contactid is preferred and more accurate. If multiple email address matches exist, the To Do will be added to the contact with the oldest “Add Date”
These updates & changes will be available when you receive the update dated 9/28/2017 or later.