Listing and Downloading Attachments
You can now list & download individual contact attachments using the API.
First, use GetContactAttachments to get a list of a contact’s attachments.
Then you can use GetAttachmentDownloadURL to download each attachment. (This function will give you a special temporary URL where you can then download the file)
You can now delete a users flag using the DeleteFlag function
More Search Options in GetContacts
You can now search more text fields when running the GetContacts API function.
The new fields include company, address, city, state, postalcode, custom1 through custom20.
Run a Workflow/Action Set starting on a specific date
You can now specify a Start Date when running a Workflow. Use the new “startdatetime” in the RunActionSet API function.
The update that includes these new fields is rolling out this week.
We’ve made updates to help automate the Opting In of Contact Phone Numbers:
Workflow/Action Set Triggers now have 4 new fields to allow opt-in of each contact phone number. (phone1textoptin, phone2textoptin, phone3textoptin, phone4textoptin)
The API Functions AddContact and UpdateContact have the same options so that you can include this in your integrations.
The update that includes these new features is rolling out this week.
The 12/11 release, which is now running on all servers, includes the latest icons from FontAwesome 5.12 (including all “pro” level icons)
The 12/3 release moved us from major version 4 to 5, which may have required you to update your custom icon choices in some cases where the new icons were renamed.
The benefit is that we now have 7,702 icons to choose from.
You have the ability to choose any icon you’d like in the following areas of your product:
- Custom Workflow/Action Set Actions
- Custom ClientTouch Actions
- Custom Contact Tabs
Here are some recently added API functions:
- Get notes for a specified day (for all accounts or single account). Intended for use as a “daily backup” for all contact notes.
- Move an attachment from one contact to another (in the same or different account).
- Get attachments for a specified contact.
- Clears out ClientTouch queue for specified account and team member.
- Adds a new “Text Message Template” to settings
- Lists Text Templates for an account
Since we initially rolled out Webhooks a few years ago, we have added more events to the menu of available items that will trigger a webhook back to your servers.
Webhooks allow you to keep data in other places in sync with your CRM data:
Check out the updated article here
Custom Action Set Actions are a powerful way to create Action Set Items for your users. Now they are even more powerful with the new %%userinput%% parameter.
Here’s an example of a JSON post with the new %%userinput%% parameter
When a user adds this Action Set Item to their Action Set, they can fill in the value (and it uses the prompt you created above)
Finally, when this Action Set gets run, the %%userinput%% parameter will be replaced with the value they have placed in the Action Set Item.
- Formatting (It’s important to get it perfect!)
- %%userinput(‘Your Prompt Here’)%%
- Single Quotes for the user prompt
- No HTML in the prompt
- You can only have (1) user input prompt
The following API changes will be live on your server once your current version is dated 8/9/2018 or later:
AddDeal – Ability to add custom field values when adding a deal via the API
StatsAppointmentDetail – Output now shows details for start end end times
UpdateFlag – New API Function to update flags. Also added new “color” parameter to GetFlags and AddFlag.
AddContactNote – Added a couple icon options when entering [[System]] notes.
– Added option to specify TeamMemberID to AddEmailTemplate
– Added ability to GetContacts to filter on Source/Category/Category2/Flag by “Name” of the library. Instead of entering the numeric id, enter the prefix “name:” followed by the name of your library item. So if your source was Facebook, you would enter name:Facebook in the SourceID field.
– Can now filter by DealID
– Can now filter by TeamMemberID
– Added counts of Current Contacts and Completed Contacts to the output
– New API Function (use same function to update an existing deal contact)
– New API Function
– New API Function
In this example, I’ll walk you through adding a contact to the system using the AllClients API from Zapier. This assumes you have some experience with Zapier, so I won’t go into all of the details of creating a Zap.
The example connects to a Google Sheet and adds a contact if any new rows are added to the spreadsheet.
After you’ve connected Zapier to your spreadsheet as the “Trigger/Source”, you’ll add an Action called Webhooks.
Then, select POST as the Create option
Then, fill in the following information. This example uses the “AddContact” endpoint, but it could be any AllClients API Function. Just make sure you read the documentation and include all required fields. Remember that you can use API Authentication (using the Account’s API Key), or use your master keys.
- Use your server’s base URL
- Payload type must be form
- All fields are in the Data section. We do not use Basic Auth or Headers
- You must add field called response_type and set it’s value to json. The default value in the API is XML, and Zapier does not read that data properly back in the response.
After saving and running a test, you should see some kind of success message back from the API.